Benefice Data and Information policy statement
The PCCs of Chadlington, Ascott-under-Wychwood, Spelsbury and Enstone takes the responsibility of how we manage the data and information we hold seriously.
We recognise that churches can be complex places where information is held in a number of areas and by a number of people who work or volunteer with us in so many ways.
We will ensure that information we hold is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are used.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- Kept securely.
We will ensure that our policies and practices are regularly reviewed. This will include:
- Ensuring that Personal data that is found to be inaccurate is be deleted or corrected without delay. All personal data will be periodically checked to make sure that it remains up to date and relevant.
- Our Privacy Notice
- Our Data Sharing agreements
- Seeking appropriate consent when that is required
- Documenting our data/information related activities
- Our contracts with any Data Processors
- Being clear about how people can raise concerns/challenge information we hold.
You can view our Privacy Notice here.
This Statement was approved by the Joint PCCs of the Benefice on 10 May 2018