Paul’s epistles or letters are the earliest Christian writings we have and date from before the Gospels were written (AD 49-65).
This year, we will be reading from Paul’s second letter to the Corinthians for six weeks, from 3rd June to 8th July; and then from Ephesians for seven weeks, from 15th July to 26th August. We will return to his first letter to the Corinthians early next year.
To help us learn more about the writings of Paul and to see how his message is relevant to us today, ROOTS have produced some excellent resources which can be viewed by clicking on the links below.
- A short animated presentation provides some background information about Paul that is helpful for people to know before they start exploring passages from his letters. It lasts 5.5 minutes
- Handout – Introducing Paul: a man with a mission
- Handout – What’s different about Paul in Acts?
- Handout – Who is Paul for you? Four biblical writers answer this question
- Handout – An introduction to life in Corinth
- Handouts – Life in Corinth weekly sheets
Copies of the handouts will be made available at the back of each of our church.